What does online schooling look like? That’s up to the student, because personalized learning is just that—personal.
In online schooling, the classroom is in the home or on the road, wherever an internet connection is available. Students enrolled in an online public school sometimes gather in virtual classrooms and regularly receive support from their teachers via phone, online meetings, and sometimes face-to-face.
The Online School
Students complete their schoolwork each day through a combination of:
- Online lessons and interactive activities in the Online School (OLS)
- Hands-on, offline activities using provided materials, including textbooks and workbooks
- Real-time interaction with teachers and classmates in a virtual classroom
- Online public schools adhere to state standards. Students enrolled full time in an online public school report attendance and take standardized tests and other required assessments.
Learn more about our:
Cognitive Psychology of the Gifted Students
Expert Teachers Provide Instruction and Support
Learning Coaches Provide Important Support for Students
NEED MORE INFO?
- Apply to college
- Apply for scholarships
- Advanced Placement Training Program
- Accelerated Ed Blog
- Best Sellers